Showcasing duo and sonata works for Wind, Brass, Strings, Percussion and Piano Duet in an exciting series of concerts, incorporating artists from the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra and the performance staff of the New Zealand School of Music-Te Kōkī.
This concert series takes place in the wonderful surrounds of the Hunter Council Chamber, Gate 2, Victoria University of Wellington, Kelburn Campus. Each recital commences at 6pm and finishes at 7pm. There will be light refreshments served afterwards in the foyer. Please see here for a detailed campus map.
Best of all – it’s FREE – you may want to bring someone to a recital who has never experienced LIVE classical music before.
UPDATE: Due to the Teaching Suspension and temporary closure of Victoria University Wellington, the 1st concert on the 9th April has been postponed. Please check here for the new date in due course.
9th April – Fragment – Postponed
- Daniel Schnyder: Sub-Zero, for Bass Trombone, Percussion and Piano
- Psathas: Fragment for Vibraphone and Piano
- Psathas: Matre’s Dance
- Martin: Ballade for Trombone
28th May – Soliloquy for the Gods
- André Jolivet: Chant de Linos
- Lowell Liebermann: Sonata for Flute & Piano Op. 23
- Piazzola: Oblivion
1st October – The Outer Worlds of Inner Minds
- Sergei Prokofiev: Sonata for Cello and Piano Op. 119
- Aram Khachaturian: Violin Sonata (1932)
- Mikhail Glinka: Viola Sonata in D minor
- Mike Nock: Dialogues, Meditations & Reflections